Monday, September 29, 2008

Santa Fe Harvest





This weekend the weather was perfect, and the vegetable garden was begging to be put to rest for the season. Tomatoes both ripe and green by the bucket full and watermelon.

Also this weekend I processed Winter Squash - one a gift from Richard's garden in Tome (we think its a sugar sweet - orange one) and a much prized Chioggia (large green one - from the the farmers market). Per Richard's advice - I baked them halved, opening down on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven, processed them and filled five Food Saver bags for freezing. I see squash ravioli in our near future, among other yummies. Additonally all the Lemon Cucumbers were carefully washed and sliced along with one Armenian Cuke - and made into Pickles. My first attempt at pickling... if they are good - I'll post the recipe.

No comments: