Friday, September 26, 2008

Harvest Pizza






Following Molly Wizenberg's advice - I saved the left over Leek Confit from the Tarts and utilized them in last nights Harvest Pizza. Nathan joined us for a great dinner and evening.

The other day when I was at Whole Foods I came upon fresh pizza dough in the refrigerated section - fresh from their pizza deli. I have been reading (like a novel) a bargain bread book I picked up at the Library Sale and trying to muster the courage to attempt dough... BUT Whole Foods has saved me - regarding the pizza dough anyway. Yester morn - I harvested a large quantity of ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, green chili, and various other yummies and thought it would be nice to utilize the tomatoes sliced on top of the pizza. I was able to convince Bryan to roll the pizza dough for us and I did the rest. Two pizza, crust rolled thin (thanks Bryan), fresh garden tomatoes, thinly sliced garlic, the LEEK CONFIT and Mozzarella. Into a hot oven for 25 minutes and WOW - what a simple, quick and tasty meal we shared.

No comments: