Thursday, September 25, 2008

Leek Tart - October - Bon Appetit




I have loved Leeks since the day I stepped foot in Brussels - all those years ago. This versatile Veggie is much adored and utilized in Belge cuisine. When I came upon this recipe in the October issue of Bon Appetit Magazine - I was inspired. As indicated I began with the Leek Confit - on my visit to Whole Food's I found some of the freshest Leeks in Santa Fe, while there I decided to shortcut this recipe and purchased a two pack of pre-made corn meal tart crusts (ready to go) - the only set back was I couldn't quite use as much of the filling as was called for. But the SMILE on Bryan's face when he bit into his slice, was proof that all was well. YUMMY!!! Visit http://www.bonappetit.com/magazine/2008/10/fixing_a_leek
for the recipe and more.

ENJOY - Alvin

No comments: