Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fly Fishing in Pecos






Arriving in Pecos we needed lunch - so I directed us to the Pecos Market - as we drove in to the parking lot I re-counted childhood memories of visiting that market with my grandparents. Nathan and I were both impressed with their meat counter - cut fresh daily - WOW - Pecos residents that eat meat are spoiled. We decided next fishing trip we'll schlep the mini grill and make our lunch or dinner. But that day we had to settle for deli sandwiches from the gas station next to the Market.... Lets just say sustenance -

The weather was chilly in the beginning but once we suited up in our waders - all was warm and toastie. Fishing and a little hiking - what a day, I can't wait to return - and we'll have to be back soon - before the chill of winter settles in.

Clicking on the title above will link you to some of our photos from that day.

No comments: