Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sweet Potato/Pumpkin Pie Recipe




This Thanksgiving I joined my family at my sisters house - everything was delectable. My contribution were the Sweet Potatoe/Pumpkin Pies. Following is the Recipe,I hope your friends and family will enjoy them as much as mine did.

1 (29 ounce) one small fresh winter squash (I used an heirloom)(Bake 375 Degrees until soft)
3 (30 ounce) three fresh sweet potatoes (not yams)(Bake 375 Degrees until soft)
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon (I combined whole spices in my spice mill then added)
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup or 1/3 cup a good quality pancake syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 deep dish pie shells or 4 regular pie crusts
whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve with pie

Directions:

Process sweet potatoes and pumpkin well. In a large bowl combine and mix well pumpkin & sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, spices, vanilla, sugars, and syrup. Mix until thick ,creamy and well combined. Pour into pie crusts. Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Then lower temperature to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes longer. Remove from oven cool completely. Serve with ice cream, and/or whip cream. Enjoy!

No comments: